Join the TSS Yahoo Group!

Monday, January 22, 2007

Color Wash Background Technique


This technique could NOT be any easier. All you need to do is take a variety of Color Wash Spray colors and spray them liberally onto glossy or matte cardstock. Voila! A gorgeous background piece to work with!


A simple homemade recipe for Color Wash:
Squeeze approximately 30 drops of Stazon Reinker into a small spray bottle. (You can use regular dye ink as an alternative. Stazon inks result in very vibrant colors!)
Slowly add 91% rubbing alcohol to the ink.
Keep testing the color intensity with a small test spray on a scrap of glossy paper
Stop adding the rubbing alcohol when you are satisfied with the color!
Mix your colors to come up with unique blends!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I only have a couple of the colorwash sprays-I need to get more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretttttty......... I love your work and your style.

    BTW, great blog set up too....

    Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the UTEE and cookie cutters. I am new and enjoy reading your techniques.

    Thanks,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for inspiring me to try something new tonight. I had to add my own little twist as I don't have the same materials as you, but I really like how my papers turned out. Thanks again for having such great tutorials.

    ReplyDelete